Monday 6 May 2013

Laneige - Power Essential Skin Refiner Light Review

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

The Power Essential Skin Refiner has been a favourite of mine for a while now. I stumbled upon this range a while back (as I wanted to try achieve a soft and bright complexion). Laneige states their secret is glacier water that achieves this light and gentle formula.

**Apologies in advance for the pictures. I haven't had time to take proper pictures other than the camera shots I took with my phone...



What I love about this product:
  • It is super gentle on the skin
  • It can be applied with a cotton pad or fingertips (you can see the excess dirt on a cotton pad after you clean or exfoliate the skin!)
  • No strong fragrance 
  • Packaging! (I'm a sucker for pretty packaging!)
  • Bang for your buck! (I have had this bottle for nearly a year and what you see above is how much I have left of this product) - This is also used twice daily in my everyday skincare routine!
  • Lightweight, dewy texture 
What I dislike about this product:
  • Packaging - The screw top lid can be annoying sometimes when you are trying to use the product without a cotton pad
  • NOT travel friendly - I took this bottle overseas with me and the contents slightly came out of the bottle. I would strongly suggest investing in a small travel bottle if you wanted to take this with you!
  • On the first point about packaging... The screw top lid is something you will need to get use to, as the moisturiser is a capped bottle (as you will see in my next post).

My recommendations:

I absolutely love this product to death (and friends I have recommended this to have agreed). It is easy to use and doesn't leave a oily residue on your face. I use this after washing my face and prior to using a sheet mask or any facial masks. I found that using this product in conjunction with other Laneige products in this range has brighten my skins appearance and makes my skins soft and smooth. HOWEVER, I strongly recommend not taking the bottle  overseas in your luggage. I was fortunate enough that it leaked into the plastic bag i sealed it in within my waterproof cosmetics case! (I attempted it a few times, as I thought this may of been a once off chance.... I was wrong!)

Would I repurchase this? Absolutely! I love the results provided from using this product AND how it doesn't break me out. I have tried toners previous to this, but I have never found anything quite as effective as this product. However, I will take this in a smaller seal proof travel container, as a little DEFINITELY goes a long way with this!

If you are interested in getting this, the Sasa link for this particular product can be found below (to purchase this) and the link to the companies webpage (which doesn't sell products). 



Until next time,

Harublossom88






DISCLAIMER: Please note that all items have been purchased by me (unless otherwise stated). Opinions provided in these blog entries are my own and are by no means affiliated with or against the manufacturers provided. Anything not purchased by myself will also be my true and honest opinion. Please speak to the manufacturer if you have other queries about their products and services.




No comments:

Post a Comment