Tuesday 21 May 2013

Maybelline - Lipstick Review


Follow my blog with Bloglovin


I recently went a bit crazy with my Maybelline lipstick purchases. This is a great brand for its quality at drug store prices. I bought a whole heap of different lipsticks to try on, as Priceline was holding a buy 1 get 1 free sale of their lipsticks. 

I was pleasantly surprised about the items I have actually loved from the colours I had chosen. Most colours I had purchased thinking I would love weren't to my expectations. However... the bright colours, such as Electric Orange I have completely fallen in love with! I have worn this out more than the other neutral colours! 

Below are all the colours purchased. Scroll further down for swatches!




What I love about this product:
  • The brights are super opaque
  • They are creamy and moisturising for their pricepoint (I feel Lancome's lipsticks are better wearing)
  • Their lipstick staying power is pretty good (especially the brights)
  • Easy to apply
  • Packaging is colourful and not super bulky - there isn't a huge chance for the lid to pop off and lipstick to go everywhere (lipstick parties in your bag is NOT fun!)
  • No bleeding! (that feeling of greasiness around your mouth by the end of the day)
  • Stays where you apply it (I never had it go on my teeth or what not)
What I dislike about this product:
  • The colours are not always true to colour (the orange is not as overwhelming as it appears when used)
  • Some of the colours don't have a good colour pay off (such as ice tea or pink sand) - they need to be applied several times
  • They lose their moisture or creamy finish in a short period of time
Swatches taken without flash

Swatches taken with flash
L-R: Fifth Ave Fuchsia, Pink Peony, Pink Sand, Neon Red, Electric Orange, Vivid Rose & Ice Tea


My recommendations:

This is a great lipstick if you are trying to find something different in your lipstick routine. I love trying out these products without the high end pricepoint. The brights are exceptionally opaque after 1-2 swatches, however colours such as ice tea or pink sand required several swatches in order to get the same opaque colour. Overall I do love this product and always get compliments when I do use them!

If you are willing to overlook the need to reapply throughout the day, these can be a great way to  break into the basics of makeup. Not only that, I feel these colours are quite usable for all different colour skin types.

Would I repurchase this? Yes. I love the colour payoff and the pricepoint. This is by far my favourite drugstore lipstick. I always tend to go back to these products when I want to have a change in my routine.



Until next time,

Harublossom88



DISCLAIMER: Please note that all items have been purchased by me (unless otherwise stated). Opinions provided in these blog entries are my own and are by no means affiliated with or against the manufacturers provided. Anything not purchased by myself will also be my true and honest opinion. Please speak to the manufacturer if you have other queries about their products and services.


No comments:

Post a Comment