Tuesday 21 May 2013

Bioglo - Skin Gel Exfoliating & Refining for Face & Body Review


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Bioglo us a product manufactured by a company called Cosway. The products in this store are cheap and affordable for their pricepoint and quality. I have used various things over the years by this company and there have been two stand out items (one which is no longer made!)

The one that you still can get is called the Skin Gel Exfoliating and Refining for face & body. I have used this for years as my weekly deep scrub. This formulation is a white/clear gel with little white microbeads in the gel. I have my wonderful aunts to thank for telling me to use this in my skincare routine!


What I love about this product:
  • Use it before, during or after your shower ( I prefer before to get all the extra dirt off)
  • Simple to use - just dispense a bit of product, put on your face and rub in circular motions until little white bits appear (excess dirt and dead skin)
  • User friendly container
  • Great for travelling
  • No distinctive scent
  • Provides a deeper scrub or clean without damaging your skin
  • Suitable for all skin types (from my knowledge)
  • and the price is GREAT! (about $9.90 AUD, but I purchase it cheaper when I go back to Malaysia. PLUS you can get it cheaper when they are on promotion or with a membership)
What I dislike about this product:
  • It is not so much a dislike but a warning NOT to use this if you have broken, sore, irritated skin (like an abrasion or sunburn- just wait until the sunburn calms down)
  • Can get a bit messy - just make sure you use it over a sink or in the shower 

My recommendations:

The Skin Gel is amazing to get that extra clean once a week. I generally use this once a week (no more than twice) and with a sheet mask after. My routine for this product is to use this prior to your shower, then wash your face with your normal cleanser, tone after your shower (which I sometimes do) and then use a sheet mask. It's actually not a huge number of steps, but one thing I would like to recommend is to use it on a day you are washing your hair (just in case you get little clumps of the dirt in your hair. 

This product is awesome if you want to have a smoother and a brighter complexion. It has helped to reduce the appearance of acne scarring and has reduce the amounts of clogged pores (which means less acne!)


I would strongly recommend this if you are trying to achieve a more flawless look with your make-up. If it is a super important date on my calendar, I will do the scrub & sheet mask routine prior to applying my make up. I feel it gives a smoother complexion and makes it easier to apply your make-up.

Would I repurchase this? Yes. I lhave used this for years and I haven't found another exfoilating scrub that can take its place. Most scrubs I have tried have left my skin irritated or damaged (worse than without using it). To the friends I have recommended it to, I have heard good reviews. My family also love it!


Until next time,

Harublossom88



DISCLAIMER: Please note that all items have been purchased by me (unless otherwise stated). Opinions provided in these blog entries are my own and are by no means affiliated with or against the manufacturers provided. Anything not purchased by myself will also be my true and honest opinion. Please speak to the manufacturer if you have other queries about their products and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment