Friday 31 May 2013

Pink Glitter Nails (DS Bold/Pansy)

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

As most of my friends know, I am a bit of a nail polish fiend. I honestly LOVE nail polish! I love the colours and the textures and how I can look down at my nails to brighten up my day (wow that was a tad lame >.>).


Anyway, I love changing up my nail colour once a week (mainly due to my need to have freshly painted coloured nails without the chips and looking worn out). It is also a time when I can have a time out and chill in my super busy day.

This nail combination is what I am wearing right now. I love the colour and how much is SPARKLES! Anything to do with glitter I AM THERE! 

So... this is really just a reference point for me about what I could possibly paint on my nails again (in future) pretty much. 

So I have used my two favourite brands in the whole world - Essie and OPI. These photos are under artificial light so I can't explain or show you how truly beautiful they are when they shine.



What I am wearing:
Essie - Pansy (2 coats)
OPI (Designer Series) - DS Bold (2 coats)

My thoughts on the colours:
Essie - Pansy
I really like the opacity of this polish. Although I used 2 coats, you could probably get away with only one for this nail colour. I love the how smooth and easy it was to glide on, as well as how even it went on. Even after 2 coats, the colour did not lift (which I love). Definitely worth purchasing if you like a slightly darker bubblegum pink. 

OPI - DS Bold
I actually bought this earlier in the year but never really had the urge to try it on by itself. The reason for that was because I had to swatch it quite a few times to have a great colour. I do however love this as a glitter topcoat. There is a slight pink to the glitter polish, so it is best suited with a warmer colour in the pink or red category. I do love the shine to this polish and I feel like the colour suited my skin tone really well (my skin tone has a light yellow undertone). 
Also the glitter is reasonably easy to apply, although I would use at least 2 coats to get the full glitter coverage or appeal. Finally, I loved the size of the glitter. I am personally not a fan of the chunky glitter or the hideous crackle texture nail polish!

Overall I loved this and will see how long it lasts! Usually I don't put a top coat on unless I am doing nail art or if the polish needs another boost to shine. OPI glitter polishes tend to be a bit more wearing anyway.

This combination makes me think of the summer, watermelons and strawberries!




Until next time,


Harublossom88




DISCLAIMER: Please note that all items have been purchased by me (unless otherwise stated). Opinions provided in these blog entries are my own and are by no means affiliated with or against the manufacturers provided. Anything not purchased by myself will also be my true and honest opinion. Please speak to the manufacturer if you have other queries about their products and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment