Friday 17 May 2013

Haul 1 - Maybelline, Chanel, Sally Hansen & Schwarzkopf Brilliance Luminance

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Today I wanted to post a few things. First off, I wanted to post about some items I have purchased in the last week. I am really excited to test these items out! Some of these items are a bit out of my comfort zone, but I think its nice to try something different out once in a while! 




So after taking this photo I realised I completely forgot to include my 
Benefit Speed Brow! 


As you probably can tell, I went a little overboard with the Maybelline lipsticks. I dropped into Priceline to purchase some of the Maybelline lipsticks, as I have seen and heard great reviews on their Vivid colour range. As a result i've ended up purchasing more than expected... Priceline is currently selling them as buy 1 get one 1 free so it was too hard to resist! The cost is great and for about 4 of these lipsticks, it would be equivalent to 1 MAC lipstick right now (MAC lipstick goes for about $36 in Australia). So for the price, I am willing to try out alternative colours I may not normally use. 

Below are the colours I purchased (and yes there is 8 lipstick above in the haul picture, but I hadn't realised one was a duplicate!) My impressions on some of these lipstick colours aren't as scary as I would consider after first glance (especially the orange!) I can't wait to try them all out!



The other items I purchased at Priceline included Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips. I love these nail polish strips! Please see my next post about my thoughts on this particular product! I purchased 3 different designs for half the price! So I purchased them to use when I have a really bad nail day. 

Left to Right: 680 - Tutu Much, 410 - Love Letter & 480 - I Love Lacey.

The final item I purchased was a box of Schwarzkopf Brilliance Luminance in L43 - Smouldering Red. Right now, my current hair colour is a red balayage (ombre) that starts as a dark brown red and ends in a bright cherry red. Currently I have been using Fudge Red Corvet, but I wouldn't recommend it. I'll fill you in with another review soon about this item. So I've decided that I needed to even out my colour and I am hoping this will do it. I love the Schwarzkopf range and haven't had too many problems with the brand in the past...

Now onto the less affordable items...


At the start of the week I purchased 2 nail polishes from the new Chanel L’ÉTÉ PAPILLON collection. I LOVE these colours. The picture really doesn't do these nail polishes justice! The colour is a little sheer but are smooth to apply and doesn't lift the previous layer of polish. The aqua green 'Azure' is a two toned metallic with a blue colour in different lights. This polish reminds me of the ocean. The blue 'Bel Argus' reminds me of the wings on a Ulysses butterfly when the polish reflects in the sunlight. This is a must in your nail polish collection! I have had so many complements about these two colours! (on a side note - these polishes are about $39 a bottle!)

Anyway, apart from being blinded by these polishes and their beauty... I purchased the Benefit Speed Brow. This item was previously recommended by a friend. I have also heard great reviews about this item! The Speed Brow is a mascara that helps to fix eyebrow hair into place. I love it and it is now a holy grail item of mine. 

So for now I am really happy about all the items purchased this week. More information will be posted soon!


Until next time,


Harublossom88



DISCLAIMER: Please note that all items have been purchased by me (unless otherwise stated). Opinions provided in these blog entries are my own and are by no means affiliated with or against the manufacturers provided. Anything not purchased by myself will also be my true and honest opinion. Please speak to the manufacturer if you have other queries about their products and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment