Friday 17 May 2013

Sally Hansen - Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips Review

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

The Sally Hansen Real Nail Polish Strips have been out for a while, but the love must be shared about these items. The range is now quite large in terms of designs and colours. Compared to my previous horror story experiences with Sally Hansen liquid nail polish, I would be more than glad to use this.

Left to Right: 680 - Tutu Much, 410 - Love Letter & 480 - I Love Lacey.

What I love about this product:
  • Chip free for days! (Even up to a week if you are having a great week!)
  • A good range of designs and patterns 
  • The strips adhere really well and can be easily removed with nail polish remover
  • The strips are thin enough that application is easier to do
  • They are suitable for people who have larger nail beds
  • The nail strips can be stretched slightly out of needed (unlike most other brands)
  • Great for bad nail days
  • If you have short nails you can possibly use both ends of the nail strip for 2 different nails
  • Easy to apply
  • Satin-free nails and damage free nails!
What I dislike about this product:
  • The price - yes this is a great product, but I would rather buy an OPI bottle of nail polish for $19.95 then purchase this item at full price (about $14.95) - this item is designed as a one off use!
  • Some of the designs - are definitely aimed for the 15 year old in mind sometimes. Some designs are childish and not tastefully considered prior to production 
  • They MUST be used. If you leave them open and exposed you had better get on to using them! (They are thin layers of nail polish after all!)
  • Some designs (such as the candy cane red & white striped Christmas design) were really difficult to apply because of their formulation.

My recommendations:

Use this on a day when you just can't get your nails looking the way you want! They apply nicely and don't damage your nails when in use (like some nail polishes that stain). Also its a great alternative to doing designs on your nails that may take a while to complete. AND the best thing is if you liked that design you could most probably do it again in future (unless it's a limited edition nail strip). PLUS you won't need a top coat!

Would I repurchase this? Yes. I only use this when my nails need TLC, when I can't be bothered painting my nails, when I need a quick fix before going out or when I'm having a super bad nail day (when you nail polish applications just don't want to work). However, it is a rare occasion item and I will only purchase them on sale, as it is a one use product!

I hoped this helped!


Until next time,

Harublossom88





DISCLAIMER: Please note that all items have been purchased by me (unless otherwise stated). Opinions provided in these blog entries are my own and are by no means affiliated with or against the manufacturers provided. Anything not purchased by myself will also be my true and honest opinion. Please speak to the manufacturer if you have other queries about their products and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment