Thursday 18 April 2013

Laneige - Water Supreme Primer Base SPF15 PA+ Review

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

I have been a huge fan of the Korean brand Laneige for years. On my trip to Thailand, I recently stocked up on a suitcase (literally...) on Laneige skincare. As I haven't found it in Australia (and it is reasonably affordable) I went and picked out a few cosmetic items by them. There is a  great range of subtle colours to choose from. I would like to review the following primer to provide a comparison to my previous Nars primer review found here

This primer also has a green tint to the base, as my skin tends to be more red (I am usually running around getting things done). The green in this primer provides a balance to my skin tone and allows a even colour and coverage on the skin. This primer has a thicker consistency compared to the Nars Pore Refining Primer.





What I love about this product:
  • Easy pump dispensing
  • Moderate application (it is thicker as mentioned above)
  • Evens out redness
What I dislike about this product:
  • It is a bit thick and feels a bit heavy to the skin (I think this is due to the SPF formula)
  • I feel that my skin cannot breathe as well as other primers
  • It can make you feel stuffy
  • It provides a cake-face appearance if you wear it for too long

My recommendations:

I only use this if I am going out in the sun for short periods of time. Even though it doesn't break me out, the thicker consistency feels heavier and doesn't provide a matt look. I feel it looks slightly oily (but I feel the same about BB creams for example... AND I am extremely pedantic about having a more matte appearance). I would definitely not recommend this in humid or hotter climates. 

Would I repurchase this? Probably not. The packaging is really unsuitable for travelling, as the lid isn't fitted as securely as I would like. Also the texture doesn't provide me with the results  I would necessarily use it for. 

**N.B. This is a primer with SPF. Therefore you will receive a white ghostly appearance if you use this in flash photography.

If you are interested in getting this, you may need to research where to purchase this product and read more reviews, as Laneige doesn't provide a much information about their products (and it's not sold on their website). Click the link below to get to the product on Laneige's website.



Until next time,

Harublossom88



DISCLAIMER: Please note that all items have been purchased by me (unless otherwise stated). Opinions provided in these blog entries are my own and are by no means affiliated with or against the manufacturers provided. Anything not purchased by myself will also be my true and honest opinion. Please speak to the manufacturer if you have other queries about their products and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment