Wednesday 31 July 2013

Green Juice Detox


Follow my blog with Bloglovin

Lately I have been trying to get back on the health wagon. I found out that kale was now available in the grocery stores and wanted to try it out (as it is a great superfood). So here is my end result. Aside from getting healthy, I have sparked my passion in juicing! Forget $6.50 boost juices that are full of sugar, I am rediscovering the ways of healthy juicing. So I found a great detox recipe online and to be honest it does work! 

So putting aside the bowel movements, the only thing I did not include in this mean green juice was cucumbers (based on the original recipe). 

What you will need:
  • 5-6 leaves of kale (without stems)
  • 2 celery sticks (medium sized without leaves)
  • 1 small knob of ginger (skin peeled)
  • 2 medium/large green apples
  • 1 medium lemon (skin and seeds removed)

This will make approximately 2 medium/large cups of green juice. The above picture is what the juice looks like when quantities are doubled. If you would like it sweeter add more apples, but adjust to what suits you best!

I hope you will enjoy this detox juice as much as I do. This juice is best when fresh so keep that in mind with the quantities you may make.



Until next time,


Harublossom88


No comments:

Post a Comment