Saturday 16 March 2013

Nars - Sheer Glow Foundation Review

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

In my search for a new foundation (as my previous favourite is now discontinued), my friend recommended me to try the Nars liquid foundation range. This particular foundation is one type of foundation from the different ranges Nars offer. The Sheer Glow foundation has been great for uses in flash photography and light everyday wear.

The Nars Sheer Glow foundation provides a light sheer satin look that appears dewy and fresh. I have purchased this foundation in the colour Fiji (FYI).





What I love about this product:
  • It applies effortlessly (best applied with your hands to warm this product up)
  • Illuminates the skin
  • Lightweight and is great as a daily liquid foundation
  • Can be used for flash photography
  • Optional use of pump (purchased separately for a few dollars more) or with the standard lid that comes with the original packaging)
    • The pump is also TWIST LOCK! It pumps out just enough product in one pump to cover your face.
  • It is travel friendly! (You can pack this baby up like how it is seen above or with the attachable pump)
  • My skin is soft and doesn't break out with this formula
  • It applies evenly
What I dislike about this product:
  • It was slightly more transferable than my Shiseido Dual Balance foundation (meaning it can come off/transfer onto clothing)
  • There is slight build up after a 6+ hour wear (which is fanstastic wearing time!)
    • It just means it would be recommended to have this foundation set with a primer or powder (such as the Nars Loose Powder or Shiseido Translucent Powder)

My recommendations:

Use it a as light daily liquid foundation with or without a setting powder (to provide a longer wear). This foundation provided enough coverage for photography and provided a very natural look. I would recommend using a primer with this to also prolong the wear and evenness to your appearance.

To ensure you have a even and natural tone, make sure to warm the product in your fingers and work from the middle of your face outward. I would also recommend purchasing the pump, as it was affordable and assisted in reducing product wastage. The pump feature is also a quick and easy way to assist you in your application process (if you are applying it with your fingers).

Would I repurchase this? Yes. Although I am still in the process of testing it with different methods of application (with primer and setting powder) I would recommend this for flash photography (as it has no SPF) and as a daily lightweight foundation. I would also recommend it for those with sensitive skin.

If you are interested in getting this, the Nars cosmetics link for this particular product can be found below. 



Until next time,

Harublossom88



DISCLAIMER: Please note that all items have been purchased by me (unless otherwise stated). Opinions provided in these blog entries are my own and are by no means affiliated with or against the manufacturers provided. Anything not purchased by myself will also be my true and honest opinion. Please speak to the manufacturer if you have other queries about their products and services.




No comments:

Post a Comment