Thursday 29 May 2014

New beginnings and a place to call home!


After my short holiday at the start of the year, I came home to learn that I was able to move out to a new place that I could call my own home! I was so excited to hear that my place would be ready for me to move in by late July. But before I am able to move, the house will need some basic renovations (like a splash or paint and new carpeting etc). So the months leading up to the renovations and moving, I have been busy between my university, work, church and home commitments. 

Through the process of choosing the colour schemes and the items I would ultimately like to have, I have to say that I never truly noticed how much it can cost to put things into a house! I know that most of the items that I have purchased are not really budget friendly, but they were items I really loved and valued in a home. AND from experience, if I'm not in love with the items I purchase, it is most likely going to be left untouched and unused. 

Along this journey, I hope to have the opportunity to share and create DIY items that I can also place in this new home! But for now... exams are just around the corner! So I will have to leave it to a basic blog post!

Until next time,

Melanie




DISCLAIMER: Please note that all items have been purchased by me (unless otherwise stated). Opinions provided in these blog entries are my own and are by no means affiliated with or against the manufacturers provided. Anything not purchased by myself will also be my true and honest opinion. Please speak to the manufacturer if you have other queries about their products and services.

No comments:

Post a Comment